Friday, October 24, 2008

Best Job ever


After three pregnancies, countless hours of lost sleep, my body makeover (not the kind you see on TV), oatmeal on my floor, spilled juice on my table. After a few years of that you'd think being a Mom is for the birds. BUT none of that compares to holding my baby while he sleeps in my arms, watching my daughter sing her favorite song to her puppies as she tucks them in at night, hearing the words "no Mom I can do it myself" and then realizing they can.

If there is something God is teaching me lately it is that my kids are not my own. I have been entrusted with them for a time, but they are their own person. What a privilege it is for me to watch these kids grow and change and have such a major role in the development of their life. I know I may be a little biased but these are the best kids on earth, and I am blessed beyond words to be called, "Mommy".

Learning to let go is hard, but watching them fly is amazing!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's a great picture of all three of them!

Jennifer said...

A Mother May Hold Her Children's Hands for awhile but She Will Hold Their Hearts Forever!!!!