Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ode to Pooh


(me and Pooh at the 2004 Easter Play)

An ode to a Pooh Bear

Well its mothers day and I'm broke
hum, what to do
thought I'd sit at my puter
and write a little poem for you

Childish, yes, it might be
funny, well maybe, we'll see

I'll try to pour out my heart
and make you laugh at the same time
So buckle up and hold on tight, it
could be a long blogging night

You can into my life and took me by surprise
Someone like you loving someone like me
I asked God, Lord how could this be
You were so pretty, and wore nice clothes
Lord, what if she doesn't love me
Will she see through the lies

Lies I had been told all my life
about who I was and who I would someday be
Lies little girls like us tend to believe
yea, you saw through lies for sure, and
helped me replace them with truth
It was only later that I learned you
had once believed those lies too

Putting up with a teenager,
goodness that was a mess
plates broken, angry words spoken
How we survived I'll never know
In about 3 years, I'll need to learn
your secret though

You've always been there for me
You've never walked out
Our family loves you, Pooh
beyond a shadow of a doubt

So on this Mother's Day, I'd like to say "thanks"........for loving me, letting me learn from the school of hard knocks, for encouraging my dreams, believing in me, listening to me fuss about life, making me clean the house, coming to my house at midnight to hold me while I cried, hunting down the person who made me cry in the first place, loving my children and being the best Pooh ever.
"you are braver than you are, and smarter than you think"-Christopher Robin

No comments: