Sunday, June 7, 2009

Family Pets



When my Dad called me to ask me if I'd like to own a golden retriever, I have to admit I was a little reluctant. I have a soft spot for dachshunds, I couldn't imagine liking a big dog. But I knew the kids would love to have a family pet to play fetch with (the 2 yr old little brother gets tired easily...LOL) So, Brad and I said, "sure, we'll take him". Little did I know he'd sneak into my heart and find a soft spot to land. In the short time we had "Bodie" he was a pleasure. Full of fun and excitement. He loved us, and we loved him. He was an amazing dog. One of the first nights he was here, Bodie brought Brad's shoes over to him as a way of saying, "hey Dad, take me outside" and then went and sat beside the door waiting patiently for Brad to fulfill his request. I could tell so many more stories, but my heart is still filled with so much sadness to have to loose a sweet and special dog so quick and so tragic. Rest In Peace, Bodie Dog, may you chase ducks and rubber balls for all eternity, until I see you again, I love you!

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love your blog. I enjoyed reading it today.
I had some time to do some blog hopping...
I always enjoy finding new blogs and new friends.
Hope you will stop by and visit me.
This month I am posting on our Disney trip plus a June giveaway.....plus a new grandson that will arrive on Tuesday....