Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My girl

So I've been working on some new parenting techniques with Baylee. SO far its been working out wonderfully. We haven't had a meltdown in two weeks. That's a big deal in our life around here. One of the things I am doing is giving her the freedom to choose things on her own. One would think that choosing your own clothes is really not the big of a deal, HOWEVER.......anyone who has children knows this is an all to serious task. She is free to dress herself however she sees fit (within proper guidelines already picked out by Mom and Dad).

My skills were put to the test this morning when she came downstairs ready for school (got ready all on her own, by the way, no fussing at all....HUGE deal for us). She had on her sparkly shorts, her dance team shirt and her cowboy boots......God love her.........she is my child......anyone should know cowboy boots match anything, even sparkly blue jean shorts......gotta love her spirit!!!! I just smiled as we walked out the door to school, hoping that her teachers and her classmates loved her sense of fashion the way a proud momma does.......

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Thanks for the laugh. Wish there was a picture. I feel your pain. Before Christmas we were have huge issues with getting up and dressed for school. I backed off a little and now we pick her clothes out together the night before and I wake her up and tell her how long before Martha Speaks comes on then I leave instead standing there nagging her to get up or dragging her out of bed. It works like a charm. Much more peaceful around here. Give Baylee a big hug from us when she gets home today.