Sunday, April 20, 2008

Being real

I learned a great lesson this week. There is a great price to pay when you are not real with people. Sometimes I pride myself on the fact that I am real, authentic, transparent, etc...then I find myself doing just the opposite and hiding, pretending and wearing a mask. Pride comes before the fall, for sure. I did something this week that was "mask wearing" for sure. If I had been real in the first place I could have avoided it all together. But I was not real and to my shame I hurt someone's feelings and it was a humbling experience to try and make it right. I do try and be "real" with people. Its so important to me in my walk with Christ because for much of my walk I was fake, a church pretender. I knew how to "play church" very well. I think God for his grace that he doesn't allow me to be a pretender anymore and that when I am, he shows up and points me in the right direction.

OK....enough of my thoughts and rants for now. I'll get some pics of the kids posted soon so we can see some laughter on here for a change. Enough seriousness. Where is the fun in the box? Apparently its in hiding to!!!

No comments: