Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm Thankful

I was thinking of all I needed to do today to get ready for church tomarrow. Its a bit overwhelming sometimes. Getting three kids feed, dressed, and ready to walk out the door can take its toll some mornings. Oh, and then I have to get myself feed, dressed and ready. As I was going down the list of things to do, I just had to stop and remember why it is we even go to church. Sometimes I get caught up in the weekly grind and to my shame forget what its all about. Its about Christ, not myself or my kids. We go to church because we are called to. Called to meet with a community of belivers we can walk through this life with. And that brings me to another point I was thankful for today. We have (through much prayer)decided to move our membership to Rock Springs Church. I have prayed for a church like this one for a long time. I feel so comfortable and at home with these people. I feel like the people are real and the worship is genuine. I don't think there is a lot of pretending and "mask wearing" going on. Of course when you get a bunch of people together there will always be a certian amount of pretending going on, but for the most part I don't feel that happening a lot at Rock Springs. There is such an atmosphere of community I feel from these people. We are blessed to have found this church and excited about the things God has in store for us while we are there. By the way, I should go and start on my long list of things I have to do to "get ready". Which should start by reading my Bible and praying for the leaders of our church and the service tomarrow. And if you ever get a chance to visit Rock Springs, I got word that the new electric guitar player really rocks!!! (love you, baby) heehee.

No comments: