Sunday, July 27, 2008

A funny story!

Just thought I'd share this so everyone could laugh with me (not at me). I am so tired these days. I mean really tired. My best friend works third shift and has three kids, I don't see how she does it. My hats off to you, girlfriend! Me on the other hand, can't manage to think very clearly these days. Most nights I get to bed sometime between 1 and 3 am, then the kids are up at 7ish...Baylee and Neal can fix a bowl of cereal themselves, but Brennan bear can't really get his own breakfast at this point. So this morning we are getting up, I stumble to the kitchen to try and start the day (hey, I think that is a line in a sad country song...). Neal tells me he wants cereal so I get out a bowl, and get the cereal...he gets his spoon and sits down. If Mom is up already, why get it yourself! I also get out a coffee cup to fix myself some hot chocolate. (I gave up coffee a few months back, but I'm thinking a relapse is in order)....so I have the coffee cup, hot cocoa mix, milk, a bowl, cereal........I pour the cereal in the cup, and then start to add the milk. I stop because something just doesn't look right, but I can't figure out what it is. I shake my head and move on. I start to pour the milk in the bowl, and then add the cocoa mix, and it dawns to me as I'm trying to figure out how to drink my hot cocoa out of a bowl, that something has gone horribly wrong....

It was a sad start to the day, I just sat down and laughed at myself and fixed the mess I'd made so Neal wouldn't have to eat his cereal from a coffee cup. Somehow, its much funnier telling the story then it was living it out at 7am.....I'm laughing so hard tears are running down my cheeks.....laugh with me so I don't feel so silly!

No comments: