Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New things

God has been revealing himself to us this week in a lot of ways. I wanted to take a minute a share them here.

-We found out that our insurance will cover almost all of Brad's surgery. We will be left with very little out of pocket expense.

-Our pool is still working. I know that may sound minor, but to us its huge!

-I have been praying for a job that would allow me to be around for the kids (so that the adjustment would go smoother for them). God has given me two. Be careful what you wish for! The first one is at the middle school next to the kids elementary school from 8-2 M-F.....so I'll drop the kids off at school, go to work, pick them up, come home. The schedule couldn't be any better for us. I will not need to worry about childcare for Bren as of yet. Brad will be home for a while, and when the time comes he'll only need childcare a few days a week. The other is working as an MT with the company my aunt works for, RC Transcription Services. Its all from home. She'll send me my work, I do it and send it back to her. I can do this a few hours a night after the kids are in bed.

-Pooh was on her way to Nashville to stay with the kids while Brad is in surgery. She is staying the rest of the week I think to help out. Anyway, her tire blew out on the interstate, next to a semi.....and she and her car are both fine.

-Neal has made new friends this week. He went to their house to play today and had a great time.

-Brad and I went to Tom's house this evening to work on some songs I had written. It was great to hear my words put to music. Tom and Katie are both very talented. We had a great time, lots of fun. Katie's songs were great and they even sent us home with zucchini bread. It doesn't get much better than that.

So........we are full of praises to our God for hearing our prayers and blessing our week. We'd be full of praises anyway. In fact, some of the best times of worship in my life have come from the valley, not the mountain. But its so good to celebrate the victories he has given us this week. As Chris, our pastor, would say...."God's just showin' off"......I'm grateful to be a recipient.

Brad goes in for surgery at 7am......please continue to pray for us and for our family during all this. I so appreciate all the love and encouragement from everyone. Love to all.........

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Praise God! I celebrate with you Brandi. I've been praying for God to bless you with a job and now you have two...just incredible. God is so good. Our continued prayers are with Brad as he recovers. Love you guys!