Friday, July 11, 2008

Life right now

Its good to have all of us back together. We have been swimming in our pool all week. FINALLY! After many battles it seems we have won!

Life is very stressful these days. Brad's surgery is next Wednesday. He is dreading it (me too). The kids are concerned. About what I'm not sure, but anytime Mom and Dad are stressed I think they just pick it up. I am looking for a part time or full time job in the meantime to cover the expenses while Brad is off. That stresses me out in a million ways. Its not that I mind to work. Heck, most days a job would be a break from being with three kids all day. Seriously, going somewhere to do something constructive, and I hear they even give lunch breaks, coffee breaks, sounds good to me. I have worked off and on the entire time we have been married. When our circumstances have allowed it, (and I praise God that he has allowed me to be home, I understand some circumstances require us to not be) I have been home with the kids. We have had to go without some things, new cars, new clothes, and such, but its been worth every sacrifice we have made. I have put my own ambitions on hold (i.e. finishing college, a career, ect...) to be home with my kids. We have both always believed that they should be our first priority when it comes to decisions like that. Its honestly not been hard to give it up, or put it on hold. Children grow so fast and I'll never get this time back. I pray the transition goes well for them. It will definitely be an adjustment for all of us. God is good, and I have no doubt he will provide and care for our family. I pray that during this time our family would see more clearly that without his provisions for us, we would be lost completely without any hope. We are not without hope. We serve a God who owns "the cattle on a thousand hills".....or "a thousand cattle on the hills" (yea, scripture memorization not my strongest suit...LOL)....either way, I'm banking on the fact that he'll see fit to send us one soon, surely with a thousand he could spare one!

"he is good, all the time and all the time, he is good"

1 comment:

Mary Kate said...

Hey, I'll pray for that too! What a time! I learned at Deeper Still that it is in the depth of the wilderness that God shows up. He shows up fully, completely and reveals Himself in new and profoundly sufficient ways. So, get ready to SEE GOD!! I challenge you and BRad to not be like the children of Israel who were invited into His presence and decided that would be too scary so they settled for being spoken to through Moses. May you be bold and available to look God straight in the face that your world would transform into deeper Christ-likeness and further dependance on the God that holds it all in His hand anyway. Call me when that seems to be too much and I'll be available. We can pray, cry, holler, laugh and drink something ice cream based together. :-)

I'll be praying.