Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Labor of Love

I had to share this story, I knew other Moms who happen to read from time to time would understand and laugh (or cry) with me.

So.......Baylee has been saving up her $$ all year to buy butterscotch (a HUGE horse). I mean when she gets $$ for allowance, from grandparents, whatever, she has been putting it back all year to buy this horse. I FINALLY found one for less than $250.00 on craigslist. Her birthday is coming up, and I bought it for her. It would take her three years or more to save all that $$. I bring this thing home (he is massive, I have a feeling Brennnan will be a cowboy everyday)....so I had a thought, I'll redecorate her room for her birthday with horse decor.....so I shop, and shop, and shop some more to find all the perfect stuff that she'd like. I never found everything I wanted. Well I can't redecorate without cleaning out all her old stuff too. After two bags of trash, (I hate McD's happy meal toys, I think they multiply when your not watching), one pile of goodwill stuff and injuries only football players get, I'm done.....her room is so cute, she slept downstairs last night, so we are going to go check out the strange noises coming from her room in a bit.

Now for the football injury......I have my own system going, this pile here and that pile there. Its a mess, but its my mess and I know what everything is. My dog, Casey wanted in on all the action so he is in there too. I go to step over a pile and realize I'm going to step on him so I moved my leg and it ended up in a box, well the box wasn't going to support my big self and it gave way and fell over, it took me down with it. I landed on my left side, my upper jaw hit the edge of a very strong storage box, I have a huge bruise on the side of my face, I think I may have dislocated my shoulder (at the very least its got some major deep tissue bruising) and my hip that gave me so much trouble when I was carrying Brennan is killing me. At 12:30 am, the fight was over and I had won. For a moment there I thought the room might win and the Mom team might concede, but I didn't......I'd attach pics but my digital camera lens is broken so I'm having to use old school 35mm.....and it doesn't upload :(

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Wow. I hope you're okay. I know Baylee is going to be so excited about her room and the horse.