Tuesday, December 2, 2008

my silly girl



Baylee comes and sits down beside me today and leans her head into my shoulder....this is the conversation that follows....

Baylee "Mom, what happens if I don't find the perfect man"
Mom (after taking a moment to do a double take at what just came out of my daughters mouth)....."honey...why do you need to find the perfect man???" (trying to ask questions to find out what in the world is going on in that head of hers)
Baylee....."so I can get married"
Mom........"why do you want to get married and find the perfect man"
Baylee......"well, you did"
Mom........(not knowing if I should laugh or cry)....."I did?"
Baylee......"yes, Daddy!!!" (like duh)
Mom......."so why is getting married so important"
Baylee....."because I want to know what its like"
Mom.......(shuttering at what might come out next) "what being married is like?"
Baylee...."yea, you know the flowers and the cake, you get that whole big cake like you and Daddy did and all those flowers....I just wanna know what its like when you find the perfect man and get all that cake"....

.....its all about the cake and flowers, baby!, and I'm fine if she continues to believe that until she is like ummm....30."

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Too funny. But so sweet that she thinks daddy is the perfect man. Hope it stays that way.

Jennifer said...

That is so adorable that she thinks its all about cake and flowers....But to know she thinks her Daddy is the perfect man, that is really saying something abou Brad...Love you guys

Heidi said...

So cute! I can imagine her saying that. I also can imagine what was going through your mind wondering how the conversation was going to end up. I'm so glad that it focused on cake & flowers. Praise God for lil' ones innocence.

Unknown said...

too cute