Monday, June 23, 2008

Kid Swap

So last week, I drove to Lagrange, KY to swap kids with my friend, Erin. Neal stayed at her house and had some time with his friend, John. Elijah came this way with us. We traded back yesterday. Baylee and Eli had a great time, though there were the occasional battle of the wills. Who could break Mom first seemed to be the theme of the day on Friday. Saturday I had won. Although it wasn't without some weeping and gnashing of teeth, done mostly by me. We went to our church's VBS event on Saturday morning. The above pic is craft time. They made turtles.
Baylee and her own personal "American Idol", Miss Katlyn. She is Baylee's hero. Although Miss Jobi comes in a close 2nd. Some days its a tie.
Before swimming in our "big" pool. Elijah was excited about it until he realized it was deep water and he couldn't touch. Then he proceeded to give me claw marks unless I held him extra close. After a few fun games of shark attack, he decided he could have much more freedom if I backed off a little. Then, I just let go (mind you, he had a float on the whole time) and he was so proud of himself to be swimming all alone in deep water. He immediately called home to Erin and Gary and told them of his big accomplishment.
His victory was short lived. After about 10 min. of playing in deep water he began to get nervous again. The fun slowed down and it was as if he remembered he couldn't touch all over again. So not wanting to get clawed another time, we opted for the little pool.
This is Brennan at the VBS event Saturday morning. He had a good time too. He was all smiles and laughs. For some strange reason, he seemed to think Shelby (our youth pastor at church) was cool (just kidding Shelby) and hung out with him for a long time. Fine by me, by the way. Anytime spent with another person means my back gets a break from our boy, who is on his way to outgrowing me.

It was a good time had by all. We might not get to see our best friends for a while. Gas prices are killing all of us. We enjoyed the visit while it lasted. It always ends to soon. For the most part it was Erin and I taking care of six kids alone. Brad and Gary had to work, ya know. We decided that next time it needs to be an adult only trip. Ok.....just us girls next time. Girls retreat to the beach sounds great to me. Hey, a girl has to have dreams.

No comments: