Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Info. (my mistake)

OK....so I admit I didn't do my research very well. Totally my fault. I trusted Oprah, seriously I should know better! I mean come on, anyway. There is a ton of wasteful spending attached to this bill 1738 and there are no plans to give it any funding next year. It's just a political game, as with most things in Washington these days. Apparently, there is another bill introduced by John McCain that has no wasteful earmarks, pet projects, and anything of the sort included. It is called S.3344 Protecting Our Children from Internet Exploitation Act and the SAFE act. It is basically the original bill without all of the "extras" added by Democrats. Like 10 million to study the DNA of apes....please. Bill S. 3344 passed in the house only lacking 2 votes, but was killed in the Democratic Senate as to not give any credit to McCain for offering an alternative bill with a better budget and better policies. I guess bill 1738 is my only option thinks to the Senate's poor leadership in this area. As of today, I still support it b/c you have to start somewhere. I would rather be moving towards something than continuing to not move at all on this issue. Hopefully, McCain/Palin will be our next leaders in this country and will keep their campaign promises to "reform" Washington. Although, system is so corrupt at this point it will be next to impossible. But I will hold out for hope none the less.

So...sorry for the confusion. I am passionate about this cause, and I firmly believe there should be more government legislation to combat the millions of abused children in this country. Children who as young as 1 month old are being brutally attacked, video taped and sent around the world to be seen my millions. I could continue to rant, but I won't.

Get the facts, and not from Oprah (learn from me) and get involved to save our children.

1 comment:

Truth Man said...

Thank you for posting your message. Its clearly questionnable why Oprah would push 1738 and not 3344....smells funny. We need to get a bill passed, but its a sad state that politicians seem to use popular bills to add their pet projects to.