Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WARNING....A LONG RANT

This is nuts. I'm outraged! It seems as if the world has lost its mind, so to speak. I look around and it just seems that everything is falling apart. People have lost all common sense.

For to long I have been apathetic. I've just sat by and watched the world fall apart and not done anything about it. I have to make a confession. Until two weeks ago, I stood against abortion. One might think that is a good thing (and it is), but I didn't stand against it because I was informed. I stood against it b/c it was expected of me in a sense. I am after all "an evangelical christian". But on the inside I was almost sympathetic to the other sides argument. Babies growing up without homes, unwanted, unloved, often times abused by those who didn't want them in the first place. Wouldn't it be better to just end the life of the child before it had to experience the horrors of what was ahead? At least that is what I told myself, trying to give the other side some compassion and understanding. Yea, well no more! I'm informed. I watched a video on abortion, abortion procedures, clinics, nurses...you name it. The video was not biased. It didn't play sides, it was just informative. After seeing it, I'm truly disgusted by those who think this treatment of unborn children is ok, or that it is a "right". I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING". The video showed (at each stage of an abortion, including 40 weeks gestation) what a baby looked like after it was killed. OUTRAGE, I tell you. People who think this is the "right" of the women to choose are cold blooded killers. Brains are sucked out, while the baby is kicking uncontrollably, limbs are torn off and thrown in the dumpster as waste, and much more.

So this is my new position: If you don't want a baby don't have sex! It's really pretty simple. Be a responsible member of society. Even in the case of rape I don't think you should be allowed to take anothers life because someone violated yours. If you don't want a baby, can't love the baby, give it up to someone who does have love to offer.

Then I read this blog on Dr. Mohler's commentary (President of Southern Seminary) and I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped going "Really, now this".....Now its ok to kill the old people too. My friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. It's scary to think that people are really pushing this kind of agenda on the general public. A link to the article is below. I know....after reading this longggggg....rant you don't want to read another one, but its worth it. We should be informed of the things headed our way.

http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=2542

No comments: