Wednesday, March 11, 2009

".....and they shall come home with shouts of joy" vrs 6



Twenty years ago when I turned 10 years old, I was an alone and abandoned little girl. So scared and so shaken by the world around me, I had no home and no where to belong. God has restored so much to me. I spent the entire day being so thankful for my life and my family. Not for anything we have here on this earth, but for everything we have in Christ. Why does all this matter today.......because today my oldest son turned 10 himself. It's not just that his childhood has been spared the cruelty of my own, its not just that we are able to buy the things for him that he asked for. It goes much deeper than that (although I am thankful for those things). It is that twenty years later, I stand and hug my child a completly healed and whole women, able to love her children with love I never knew possible in the world I grew up in. Not only do I hug my child, but he is also my brother in Christ. God has already choosen him from the foundation of the world to know him. Not only do I get to be his Mom here on earth, but one day we will worship at the feet of our savior together as equals in Christ. What a GOD I serve!!! He has poured out his mercy and grace in my life and in the life of my family and my heart is overflowing with unspeakable joy today.

I am reminded of Psalm 126 today

A Song of Ascents.
1When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
we were like those who dream.
2Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
and our tongue with shouts of joy;
then it was said among the nations,
‘The Lord has done great things for them.
3The Lord has done great things for us,
and we rejoiced.

4Restore our fortunes, O Lord,
like the watercourses in the Negeb.
5May those who sow in tears
reap with shouts of joy.
6Those who go out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
carrying their sheaves.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEAL CLEMENTS..........I am so proud that God has chosen us to share this life together as mother and son. I love you, and I am so very proud of the young man you are becoming. You are an amazing child and it is my pleasure to be your Mom here on this earth. For as long as God allows me I will do my best to live up to that calling on my life.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

That is an amazing story. God can heal all wounds. Happy Birthday Neal. We love you guys.

Heidi said...

Beautifully written Brandi. I've been blessed by hearing about some of your incredible journey and how God has brought you through. Happy Birthday Neal! I hope you guys had a great day despite the crummy weather.