Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

My 30th birthday was great. I had been working on my flower bed for a month. We've been pulling up shrubs and old bedding for what seems like forever. My grandmother, Nanny came to stay with me a few weeks ago and brought me a rose bush that belonged to her mother. I pray I don't kill it. So far its going well. So when Brad asked me what I wanted for my birthday there were really only a couple of things I could think of. There is this little town close to us called, Nolensville. It is the cutest place. The streets are lined with antique stores and such. So, for my birthday, Brad went with me to a few of them (antique shopping with your wife, now I know the man loves me!). I got some things for my flower garden and the next day I got my flower garden finished. The picture above is me and the kids on my birthday before heading out to Olive Garden for dinner. We did put shoes on the baby before taking him inside...lol. We are only "wannabe" rednecks!
My Mom sent me these flowers. They were so pretty!

On the one hand I can't believe I'm 30, and on the other hand I feel like its about time......I can remember thinking that 30 was old. I laugh at the thought now. I honestly feel like I'm just getting started. I don't have to wonder anymore who I am or what I stand for or what I stand againist, I know these things. I know who I am and I know who I am not. Its a good feeling to stand on your own two feet and not fall down. More importantly I know who I am in Christ and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that no matter what may come or what may go in this life no one can take that from me.

I wrote a song on my birthday. It had been in the process for about a week. Brad helped me figure out the chorus on my birthday nto finish it up. He has to put it to music for me. I couldn't tell you one musical note from another. Thats why I have him around. Yes, I am songwriting again! I used to write a lot, then life happened and my love of writing poetry, music and such got put on the back burner. Our church inspires its members to be creative so I'm trying to get back in the groove again.

No comments: